RPA In Logistics And Transportation
RPA for Logistics and how it can help your business
Logistics companies have a mammoth task of keeping track of high-volume supply chains. Tasks often involve multiple, time-consuming, manual processes, repetitive tasks, legacy systems, and multiple steps. Tracking shipments in real-time, managing orders, and updating customers on the status of their shipments are all a part of busy logistics.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can be applied to almost any manual process, helping to streamline these time-consuming tasks. For supply chain and logistics companies aiming towards successful Business Process Optimization (BPO), RPA is a solid response.
Logistics organizations and departments can realize numerous operational benefits and cost savings with cloud RPA and AI, known as intelligent automation (IA). Moreover, those benefits can be applied to all areas of supply chain management, from procurement and credit collections to workflows and order processing.
What are the benefits of RPA for logistics?
The logistics industry performs a crucial function in the supply chain, moving materials, parts, and finished products all over the globe. RPA technology works together with artificial intelligence, natural language processing (NLP), and machine learning (ML) to create end-to-end process optimization. With a digital workforce like AARI providing opportunities for attended and unattended RPA, employees can focus on higher-value work that improves the customer experience.
Automation 360, our cloud-based RPA platform, can work with any enterprise or legacy system. As a component of Automation 360, IQ Bot specializes in Intelligent Document Processing (IDP). As a result, users can extract unstructured data from various sources, perform routine data entry, process invoices, and provide real-time notifications.
Time-consuming manual processes in the logistics industry involve repetitive manual data entry, multiple logins with legacy systems, and updates in the TMS for shipment notifications. RPA + AI can optimize manual tasks in real-time send notifications for pick-up times, order management, and invoice processing.
A Digital Workforce can streamline order processing. Software bots process orders, create invoices, schedule pick-up times, send notifications, update the TMS and upload proof of delivery. RPA can operate across legacy systems in logistics, scaling to any enterprise system and optimizing business processes.
RPA streamlines manual data entry processes such as invoice processing, credit and collections, pricing, order processing, and other business processes. In addition, intelligent automation can create comprehensive profiles from enterprise and legacy systems, update transportation management systems and generate management reports in real-time.
Logistics operations generate thousands of documents, and manual data entry is subject to human errors. RPA solutions can electronically process documents and data stored in legacy systems, converting them into easily searchable and retrievable records.
Software bots can update customers on order status, pick-up times, and shipment status in real-time. They can also provide real-time updates and notifications, confirm proof of delivery, update TMS and provide a more positive, efficient customer experience, leading to higher customer satisfaction.
Discover how RPA for logistics can help your business
See how RPA with Automation Anywhere simplifies logistics processes.
Who benefits from RPA for logistics?
While the customer is a clear winner in the digital transformation of the logistics industry, many stakeholders within your own organization will benefit fromRobotic Process Automation. Here are some of the benefits you will see:
Manual data entry processes lead to errors, miscommunication and missed deadlines. RPA with intelligent automation can verify customer information, send notifications, schedule pick-up times and update TMS in real-time.
Real-time updates of order processing, pricing, proof of delivery, and the elimination of repetitive data entry allows sales staff to accurately provide timelines, creating positive customer experiences and increasing customer satisfaction.
RPA with intelligent automation can create and update customer profiles, generate invoices, update credit and collections, process payments, generate reports, and update accounts. Manual data entry errors are reduced, and real-time audit reports can be generated.
RPA bots can update TMS, send notifications of pick-up times and proof of delivery, update providers and suppliers, allow warehouse management to anticipate orders, identify supply issues and generate reports in real-time. In addition, bots can flag supply chain issues for action.
Automation delivers innovation to freight and supply chain companies
“We now have the ability to pull document reports across all systems and identify documents associated with shipments, so we can manage customer expectations efficiently.”
monthly cost savings
hours saved monthly
documents processed monthly
How RPA for logistics can help your business?
Accuracy and efficiency are essential in the logistics industry, yet manual processes are repetitive, time-consuming and subject to human error. Adding RPA with intelligent automation to your logistics operation will streamline processes, provide a better customer experience, increase customer satisfaction and improve operational efficiency.
Here are some of the ways RPA for logistics addresses operational inefficiencies:.
Supply Chain Management
- Interface with any enterprise or legacy system, such as Oracle, SAP, Twilio, or Quickbooks.
- Classify, extract and validate information to create, send manifests and orders 24/7/365.
- Create log entries in the transportation management system, update details and track in real-time.
- Schedule pick-up times, notify customers, track and send delivery notifications and update TMS.
- Classify, disseminate and collate multi-page documents, match documents to shipment and verify.
- Process documents in real-time, send notifications, pick-up times, delivery alerts and shipment notifications.
- Robotic Process Automation with artificial intelligence can work 24/7/365-no sick days, vacations.
- Track across time zones, update TMS in real-time and monitor many transactions simultaneously.
- Operate with enterprise and legacy systems to verify, update and send notifications in real-time.
- Automation 360’s cloud-based RPA technology can continue to operate during emergencies for business continuity.
- Log order requests, create documentation, schedule pick-up and delivery, and send notifications.
- Monitor systems, send alerts, update TMS and generate real-time reports and flag disruptions.
- Eliminate repetitive data entry, automate invoice generation and notification.
- Integrate with customer portals to extract data, collate invoices, and provide real-time updates.
- Generate invoices, confirm delivery, track payments and update accounting.
- Generate exception reports, audit reports and general ledger updates in real-time 24/7/365.
- Expedite invoicing with 100% accuracy, allowing employees to focus on exceptions and delinquent accounts.
- Automate real-time order-to-cash cycle, pull data, update TMS in real-time, send invoices, process payments.
- Provide real-time updates with AI-based chatbots and automatically send important notifications.
- Track and update shipment status on TMS in real-time. Send pick-up and delivery notices.
- Integrate with customer portals, customer accounts and order history to upsell, create customer profiles.
- Answer routine inquiries, and provide status updates using chatbots with natural language processing.
- Provide accurate information for customer inquiries,delivery estimates for higher customer satisfaction.
- Create accurate estimates of delivery windows, timing, supply chain issues and delays.
What to look for in an RPA solution for logistics?
Logistics has several components that will benefit from RPA, but it’s essential to choose a provider who understands the logistics industry and its challenges. Start by evaluating what tasks would benefit from automation, such as tracking, TMS updates, invoice generation, scheduling of pick-ups and deliveries. Can the RPA solution work across multiple systems? Can it operate on enterprise and legacy systems?
Consider your business continuity needs. For example, how does the provider support business continuity, what safeguards for your data are in place, and can you continue to operate during a business disruption?
Consider your technical expertise. Does the provider offer training and after-sales support? Is the solution scalable and customizable? Is it easy to learn and operate?
How to get started with RPA solution for logistics
You can try Automation Anywhere’s cloud-based, drag and drop, no-code RPA software for a 30-day free trial. You can also reach out for a guided demo and ask for help with a proof of concept geared toward your unique business.
We offer a comprehensive training platform at Automation Anywhere University, to assist your staff in creating custom, automated systems to meet your needs. Designed to be intuitive and straightforward, anyone can start making software bots that add value to your organization.