Automation Anywhere, a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), today announced intelligent automation solutions to empower governments, healthcare organizations and enterprises to implement remote working and business continuity programs as they navigate the challenges caused by COVID-19.
“The new normal has forced organizations to adapt differently so that remote employees can remain productive and businesses can maintain continuity,” said Mihir Shukla, CEO and Co-founder, Automation Anywhere. “We are proud to support the efforts of frontline workers in essential services, such as government and healthcare, as well as other industries, while mobilizing the power of the RPA community to address the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The following new RPA solutions enable government and healthcare agencies to provide support to keep people informed, safe and connected:
- Automating the manual processing of World Health Organization (WHO) clinical case forms: In collaboration with Microsoft, the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom is using Automation Anywhere’s AI-powered IQ Bot to extract critical patient information to process COVID-19 cases with speed and accuracy for WHO.
- Directing citizens in Macao, China to vital information with a public service dashboard: With technology partner NetCraft, The Macao Anti-Epidemic Real-Time Interactive Map was built as a GPS-enabled dashboard using bots to collect relevant digital data and provide real-time information, including infection sites, hospital wait times, and local availability of masks.
- Employee risk assessment tool for managing COVID-19 in Mainland China: Automation Anywhere partnered with IT consulting firm Shenzhen Pactera Information Limited to determine employees’ risk of infection as they return home after traveling outside of the region.
In addition, these RPA solutions empower enterprises across a variety of industries to maintain business continuity and productivity, keeping employees connected across teams and systems:
- Enabling hotel agents to collaborate, communicate from anywhere: With increased cancellations and high call volumes at a large hotel chain, bots are now helping remote employees working from home access data so they can help customers change reservations, thereby reducing wait times and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Keeping companies afloat through intelligent automation: Through the company’s new Business Continuity Automation program, customers are invited to a free one-hour session with the Quick Reaction Team to identify a business continuity intelligent automation use case, and for selected use cases, work with the team to create a bot to resolve the business issue.
- Ensuring business continuity with contact tracing: New customizable software bots, including the Health Status Manager provides organizations with the ability to continue operations when employees are out sick, with anonymized aggregated results displayed on a dashboard.
- Helping Banco de Guayaquil implement grace periods for loan processing and repayments: When payments are not rescheduled promptly, systems will send late payment reports to credit monitoring agencies. Now there is a bot to mitigate negative impacts on consumers’ credit.
Automation Anywhere is also mobilizing the RPA community to put bot building skills towards creative solutions to fight the COVID-19 global pandemic:
- Introducing a $500,000 RPA scholarship fund for learning opportunities: Individuals looking to learn RPA skills to accelerate development of COVID-19 solutions are encouraged to apply for a scholarship through Automation Anywhere University. The company has also increased its offering of free online training for users to gain expertise in building bots.
- Calling all RPA developers to collaborate: Developers are encouraged to use the free Community Edition to build additional bots for COVID-19 response and collaborate on the A-People forum.
Interact with Automation Anywhere:
- Visit our website: https://www.automationanywhere.com/
- Check out our monthly webinar series: https://www.automationanywhere.com/rpa-webinars
- Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AutomationAnywhereSoftware/
- Follow us on Twitter: @AutomationAnywh
- Explore with us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/automation_anywhere/
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/automation-anywhere
About Automation Anywhere
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 850 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. With offices in more than 40 countries and a global network of 1,500 partners, Automation Anywhere has deployed over 1.8 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
COVID-19 Media Fact Sheet:
Intelligent automation enables a more effective response to mitigate risk, while igniting a race for innovation in this time of need. The following Automation Anywhere solutions leverage the power of RPA to help manage the economic and human impact of COVID-19.
Enabling healthcare, government agencies to keep citizens informed, safe and connected:
- Automated processing of clinical case forms to advance public health: The World Health Organization (WHO) launched a global COVID-19 Anonymized Clinical Data Platform that requires the manual processing of critical clinical data and lengthy case record forms for patients diagnosed with COVID-19. Automation Anywhere, in collaboration with Microsoft, designed an RPA solution with its AI-powered IQ Bot, enabling the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom to automatically extract critical patient information and process these anonymized forms with speed and accuracy saving stretched healthcare organizations precious time to focus on improved patient outcomes.
- Directing citizens to vital information with a public service dashboard: In collaboration with NetCraft, a technology partner in Macao, China, The Macao Anti-Epidemic Real-Time Interactive Map was built as a GPS-enabled dashboard that uses bots to collect relevant digital data and provide real-time information to Macao’s citizens, including infection sites, hospital wait times, local availability of masks, bank status, and other useful information — updated every few minutes. In its first few days, the site received 50,000 visits as Macao’s population logged on to receive trusted, live information. More information is available here.
- Employee risk assessment tool for managing COVID-19: In Mainland China, Automation Anywhere partnered with IT consulting firm Shenzhen Pactera Information Limited to develop the Pactera Employee Risk Assessment Tool to determine employees’ risk of infection as they return home after traveling outside of the region. Utilizing Automation Anywhere’s AI-powered IQ Bot and RPA to collect and analyze data – including travel history and confirmed cases from the public health department – the tool can manage the risk of COVID-19 infections, trace contacts, and suggest a course of action to mitigate its spread. More information is available here.
- Free bots to help combat COVID-19: Public and private agencies around the world are looking to intelligent automation to rapidly respond to the global challenge and create real-time outbreak maps, mask inventories, quarantined sites, testing locations, school closures and emergency funding. In a recent survey, Automation Anywhere was identified as the leading RPA provider to the U.S. Government with more automations currently in operation than any other company. New bots are created daily on the company’s platform to help frontline organizations manage COVID-19 response, and are available for free in the company’s Bot Store. Solutions include: Create Healthcare Claims Processing Dashboard, Fraudulent Claim Detection, Automate the Audit Of Healthcare ICD-10 and Analyze Customer Feedback in the Insurance Industry.
1Federal Robotics and Cognitive Consortium (FRCC) Bot Index – Q2 2019, Automations by Sector, Breakdown of Reported Automations by Civilian, DS&J, Health, and SLHE Sectors
Staying operational: Helping all industries maintain business continuity and productivity:
- Enabling collaboration, communication from anywhere: Automation Anywhere has devoted significant automation resources to enable employees in all industries to collaborate, communicate and work regardless of where it takes place. Not all companies are downsizing – in fact, some companies: Walmart, CVS and Dollar General are hiring to fill the demands of the new normal. The Employee Onboarding bot helps companies automate the employee onboarding process by letting bots take care of repetitive tasks in a fast, efficient and error-free manner. The Slack Login bot helps users in home offices automatically log in to Slack to collaborate on projects while working remotely. Also, the Remote Disk Cleanup bot helps IT teams focus on critical needs instead of manual on-site disk optimization.
- Keeping companies afloat through intelligent automation: Through the company’s new Business Continuity Automation program, customers are invited to a free one-hour session with Automation Anywhere’s Quick Reaction Team to identify a business continuity automation use case. Customized bots or Digital Workers will be customized and built for selected use cases and delivered to customers – typically within a week. All bots created through this program will have the highest level of certification through Bot Security, and the resulting work will be published in the company’s Bot Store to allow other organizations to benefit.
- Ensuring business continuity with contact tracing: Automation Anywhere is deploying customizable software bots to ensure organizations can continue operations. The new Health Status Manager bot helps employers plan for adequate staff levels at store locations when employees are out sick, with anonymized aggregated results displayed on a dashboard, distributed by email to designated supervisors and analyzed using Automation Anywhere’s Bot Insight analytics technology. The company is also supporting containment efforts using bots to trace contacts between infected individuals to reduce further transmission. The Contact Tracing Bot has been developed to automate the contact tracing process in Singapore – from data extraction using IQ Bot, to assessing risk to aid containment efforts.
- Helping banks implement grace periods for loan processing and repayments: Financial institutions across the globe are being challenged to meet new loan processing requirements and repayment. If loan payments are not rescheduled promptly, systems will send late payment reports to credit monitoring agencies. To mitigate negative impact on consumers’ credit in this uncertain time, Banco de Guayaquil in Ecuador built and deployed Automation Anywhere RPA bots to automatically halt late fees and refinance loans within a very aggressive timeline, all at a fraction of the cost of any manual option. Automation Anywhere is working with other financial services customers to implement similar solutions globally.
Community response: Sparking a race for COVID-19 RPA solutions:
- Mobilizing the RPA community to innovate: Automation Anywhere is investing $500,000 toward a global scholarship program for individuals looking to learn RPA skills to add value to communities in need. Automation Anywhere University the company’s training and certification division, will award 200 global scholarships to individuals to achieve the coveted Master RPA Professional Certification through virtual live training and certification. More information and the scholarship application are available here.
- Free online training and collaboration to spark new solutions: The company has increased its offering of free online training from Automation Anywhere University (AAU) with a comprehensive library of over 100 self-paced RPA courses and learning options for users to gain expertise in building bots. AAU has also extended its free promotion for its Advanced Certification program through June 30, 2020, to encourage users to develop bots – and spark a race for new solutions that automate and streamline healthcare and other business processes.
- Calling all developers to collaborate: The global pandemic has upended work, travel and home life, shifting the rules around what businesses and citizens are able to do in their daily lives to remain safe and connected. Developers are encouraged to tap into Community Edition to build and test bots for COVID-19 response as well as create work-from-home related bots. Business users are also invited to join the discussion in A-People to collaborate on new ways to use RPA.