Last Modified: August 24, 2018
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) constitute a binding agreement between you and Automation Anywhere, Inc. (“Automation Anywhere”, “We” or “Us”) with respect to your use of the website www.automationanywhere.com or any sub-domain or other Automation Anywhere website (the “Sites”), including any Content (as defined in Section 1 below). BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITES IN ANY MANNER (WHETHER AUTOMATED OR OTHERWISE), YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND (B) AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION WHERE YOU RESIDE). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
We may, at any time, revise or modify these Terms or impose new conditions for use of the Sites. Such changes, revisions or modifications (“Changes”) shall be effective immediately upon notice to you, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the Sites or by email. Any use of the Sites by you after such notice shall serve as your acceptance of such Changes.
- Scope of and Restrictions on Use. Unless otherwise specified, the Sites and the Content are for your personal and non-commercial use only. Subject to these Terms, Automation Anywhere grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Sites for your personal, non-commercial use, including any graphics, text, instructions, images, audio files and/or other sounds, videos, and other materials or documents you may view on or access through the Sites (collectively, the “Content”). Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, the Content may not be copied, downloaded, or stored in a retrieval system for any other purpose, nor may it be redistributed, reused, or modified for any purpose, without the express written permission of Automation Anywhere. Additionally, you agree not to:
- collect information from the Sites using any automated software tool or manually on a mass basis;
- use automated means to access the Sites, or gain unauthorized access to the Sites, or to any account or computer system connected to the Sites;
- obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to restricted or password protected areas of the Sites;
- “flood” the Sites with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt, or harm the Sites or our systems;
- take any action to restrict or inhibit other users from accessing or using the Sites;
- modify or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that appear on the Sites or in the Content; or
- access or use the Sites for any unlawful purpose or otherwise beyond the scope of the rights granted herein.
- Permission to use Content. You may use the Content, provided that use is for your informational and non-commercial use only. You may not copy or post any Content on any network computer or broadcast it in any media. Use of the Content other than as set forth herein is expressly prohibited by law and may result in civil and criminal penalties. You acknowledge and agree that any software, documentation or other materials or Content downloaded by you for commercial use shall be subject to the terms of a separate Automation Anywhere license agreement, and, in the event of a conflict between these Terms and any such license agreement, the Terms of the license agreement shall prevail.
- Ownership. The Site and the Content are owned by Automation Anywhere and its licensors and are protected under copyright, trademark, and other applicable United States and international laws and treaties. Without limiting the foregoing, the trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on the Sites are registered and unregistered marks of Automation Anywhere and its licensors. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and Automation Anywhere, we are and shall remain the sole owner of the Sites and the Content, including, without limitation, all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein and thereto.
- Account Registration and Security. Access to and use of certain areas of the Sites may require you to register for an account and set up a username and password. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up to date. You are responsible and liable for all activities conducted through your account, regardless of who conducts those activities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your username and password. You agree to immediately notify Automation Anywhere of any unauthorized use of your account, or any other breach of security. You agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username or password.
- Other Terms and Conditions. Additional terms and conditions (including licenses and other agreements) may apply to your access to, use of, or participation in certain Content or portions of the Sites, purchases of goods and services, promotions, or other features. We will notify you if that is the case and, to the extent applicable to your use of the Sites, those terms and conditions are incorporated into these Terms by this reference. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and any such other agreement, the other such agreement will control your access to, use of, or participation in that particular Content, good, service, promotion, or feature. The terms and conditions in the following policies also govern your access to and use of the Content and Sites, and are incorporated into these Terms by reference:
- Linking to the Site. You may link to the Sites’ homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the Sites other than the homepage. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Third Party Materials. The Site may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services (collectively, “Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Automation Anywhere is not responsible for Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Automation Anywhere does not assume and will not have any liability to you or any other person or entity for any Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them at entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
- Third Party Platforms. Automation Anywhere may provide the Sites to you through third party websites, operating systems, platforms, and portals (collectively, “Third Party Platforms”). Additional terms and conditions will apply to you with respect to your use of Third Party Platforms, which are not under our control. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for your use of such Third Party Platforms.
- Change and Suspension.
9.1 Changes to the Site. Automation Anywhere reserves the right to make changes to, suspend, or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Sites or any portion thereof (including any Content) at any time. You agree that Automation Anywhere will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such change, suspension, or discontinuance.
9.2 Suspension/Termination of Access. Automation Anywhere has the right to deny access to, and to suspend or terminate your access to, the Sites or to any features or portions thereof, at any time and for any reason, including if you violate these Terms. In the event that we suspend or terminate your access to the Sites, you will continue to be bound by the Terms that were in effect as of the date of your suspension or termination.
- Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability.
10.1 Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITES, SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND AUTOMATION ANYWHERE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER AUTOMATION ANYWHERE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH AUTOMATION ANYWHERE MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER AUTOMATION ANYWHERE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH AUTOMATION ANYWHERE REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
10.3 Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or consequential damages, so some of the exclusions and/or limitations in this Section 11 may not apply to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Automation Anywhere and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and service providers harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, awards, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from your use of the Sites and/or any Content, or any violation of these Terms or applicable law. Your indemnification, defense, and hold harmless obligations will survive the termination of your use of the Sites and/or these Terms.
- Procedure for Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement. We respect all relevant copyright laws and we ask that you do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, limit, disable, and/or terminate your access to or use of the Sites or Content if we determine you may be infringing the intellectual property rights of a third party. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information in writing:
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
14.1 Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Automation Anywhere via the Sites use electronic means. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
14.2 Geographic Restrictions. The Site is provided from, and Automation Anywhere is based in, the state of California in the United States. Automation Anywhere makes no representation that the Sites or the Content are accessible or appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
14.4 Limitation on Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICES (INCLUDING THE CONTENT) MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
14.5 Waiver and Severability. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent possible, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Questions. If you have any questions about these Terms or the Sites, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Automation Anywhere, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
P.O. Box 640007
San Jose, CA 95164