Bot Games Bengaluru Contests – 27, August 2019
OFFICIAL RULES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN BOT GAMES BENGALURU (“BOT GAMES BENGALURU CONTESTS” OR “CONTESTS”), YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (COLLECTIVELY, “OFFICIAL RULES”), AND AGREE THAT THIS CONTRACT IS ENTERED INTO BY YOU AND AUTOMATION ANYWHERE, INC. (“AAI”). THESE ARE SKILL-BASED CONTESTS AND CHANCE PLAYS NO ROLE IN THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE RULES, DO NOT PARTICIPATE OR SUBMIT AN ENTRY.
- Contests: You're going to be entering up to two (2) skill-based contests - not a lottery or a random drawing. In this case, your coding skills matter, so bring ‘em!
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of AAI as final and binding as it relates to the Bot Games Bengaluru Contests and your Submission (as defined in these Official Rules). The Bot Games Bengaluru Contests are subject to all applicable laws, including federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
- Eligibility: Anyone who as of the date of entry has reached the legal age majority where they live and is a resident of Australia, Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), Germany, India, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, or the United States, except for employees of AAI and related parties, as explained more fully in Section B.1 below. Additionally, you must be present on August 27, 2019 from 08:30 am to 7:00 pm IST at the Bot Games Bengaluru event location. The event location is the Sheraton Grand Bengaluru Whitefield Hotel & Convention Center, Prestige Shantiniketan, Hoodi, Whitefield Bangalore, 560048 India.
- Language: All submissions must be made in the English language.
- Submission Instructions: Go to https://www.automationanywhere.com/botgames-home and follow the instructions stated there on how to register. Once you have registered you will receive an email providing further instructions, including instructions for the Bot Genius Contest, and how to submit bots.
- Multiple Submissions: You're welcome to submit as many bots as you'd like to the Bot Genius Contest. The Cognitive Automation Contest - you may participate in only once
- Resubmissions: If you need to update your Bot Genius Contest Submission, you can resubmit it. The Judges will judge your most-recently submitted version as your final Submission.
- Location of Contests. The Contests will be held on August 27, 2019 from 08:30 am to 7:00 pm IST at Sheraton Grand Bengaluru Whitefield Hotel & Convention Center, Prestige Shantiniketan, Hoodi, Whitefield Bangalore, 560048 India (“Bengaluru Bot Games Site”).
- Contest Period: Bot Genius Contest Submissions will be accepted online beginning on July 15, 2019 8:00 am IST, and Participants must submit their bot to Automation Anywhere by August 20, 2019 11:59 pm IST. The Bot Games Bengaluru Contests take place on August 27 2019 from 08:30 am – 07:00 pm IST.
- Winning: You can win a maximum of one (1) prize each for any one (1) of the Bot Genius Contest and a maximum of one (1) prize for Cognitive Automation Hackathon.
- Bot Genius Contest Winners: On or around August 27, 2019 6:30 IST, AAI will announce the winners at the Bot Games Bengaluru Site. You must be present to win.
- Prizes and Value:
- Bot Genius Contest: The three (3) winning entries will each be awarded a prize with maximum values (“MRV”) as follows: (i) A first place prize of $10,000 USD; (ii) a second place prize of $5,000 USD; and (iii) a third place prize of $3,000 USD.
- Cognitive Automation Hackathon: The three (3) winning entries will each be awarded a prize with maximum retail values (“MRV”) as follows: (i) a first place prize of an iPhone X (MRV $1,000 USD); (ii) a second place prize of an iPad Pro (MRV $770 USD); and (iii) a third place prize of an Apple Watch (MRV $500 USD).
- Bot Genius - Bot Store Award: The Bot Genius - Bot Store Award is a $5,000 USD additional bonus award given to the Bot Genius submitter who showcases the best use of Bot Store Bots and/or Digital Workers in their Bot Genius Submission. The bot submitter must use at least one (1) Bot Store bot and/or Digital Worker from Automation Anywhere’s Bot Store. The submitter will indicate the use of said bots/workers using the checkbox on the Bot Genius submission page and will include links for each bot(s) and/or Digital Workers used as part of their submission. This contest will result in one (1) winner. The winner does not have to be one of the finalists of the Bot Genius contest to win.
- Bot Genius Contest Technical Requirements: Submissions can be a MetaBot (which includes .mbot and .dll files) or a TaskBot (which includes at least one .atmx file), or a combination of both MetaBot and TaskBots that can run on the Automation Anywhere Enterprise platform versions 10.5 or greater. You are strongly encouraged to include a test stub to verify the functionality of the bot.
- Bot Genius Contest Originality: The bots you submit or build must be original (you can't just download a bot and submit it).
- Bot Genius Contest Demo: Bot Genius Contest Participants are required to submit a video of their bot in action. The better the Judges understand your bot, the more likely it is that they will be able to accurately judge it.
- Bot Genius Contest Judging: Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of AAI developers and technical experts who are employees of AAI as well as RPA industry experts (the “Judges”). The Judges will judge Submissions using the criteria described below. There will be two (2) rounds of judging (general and finalist). The first judging round will be on August 21, 2019, and three (3) finalists will be selected during this first round of judging. The Judges will select the three (3) Participants with the highest scoring Submissions (“Finalists”). The Finalists will be notified by email of their selection on or around August 23, 2019. The Finalists will go on stage and present their developed bots during the final round of competition August 27, 2019. Based on their presentation and the Judging Criteria, the Judges will select a winner on August 27, 2019 6:30 pm IST.
- Bot Genius Judging Criteria: AAI will judge Bot Genius Contest Submissions using the following criteria:
Each of the following five (5) judging criteria will be weighted at 20% each:
How complex a problem or process does the automation address? Simple - 1
Five Judging Criteria Definition Scoring 1.Complexity How complex a problem or process does the automation address? Simple - 1 Complex - 5 2.Comprehensiveness Does the automation comprehensively address the problem it sets to solve? Limited - 1 Comprehensive - 5 3.Creativity Does the automation use creativity and ingenuity to solve a problem? Not very creative - 1 Very creative - 5 4.Resiliency Does the automation adapt to changes in environment, or behavior? Limited resiliency - 1 Robust resiliency - 5 5.Reusability Is the automation built with reusable modules (metabots)? Minimal reusability - 1 Highly reusable - 5
- Bot Genius – Bot Store Award Judging Criteria:AAI’s selected Bot Store judges will evaluate the Bot Genius Contest Submissions for those participants who indicated that they have used at least one Bot Store bot and/or Digital Worker.
Each of the following three (3) judging criteria will be used in this evaluation:
Judging Criteria Definition Scoring 1.Complexity (Weight: 25%) How many bots and/or Digital Workers are used from the Bot Store? one bot or metabot – 1 Digital workers or multiple bots with IQ Bot and/or Bot Insights - 5 2.Comprehensiveness (Weight: 25%) How comprehensively did they adopt Bot Store Best practices? One best practice – 1 Most/all best practices - 5 3.Creativity (Weight: 50%) How creative is the use of Bots or Digital Workers? Not very creative - 1 Very creative - 5
- Cognitive Automation Hackathon – Judging Criteria: The Cognitive Automation Hackathon is a live competition where the participants’ RPA and AI smarts are put to test through a multi-step challenge focusing on automating a particular business process use case, each step requiring the participant to build a bot. The specific business process and the use case for the competition will be shared during the event being held at the Bengaluru Bot Games Site, and this Cognitive Automation Hackathon takes place on August 27, 2019 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM IST. Participant’s bots, that will use robotic process automation and artificial intelligence capabilities to automate a business process, are to be judged by a panel of judges comprised of AAI developers and technical experts who are employees of AAI as well as RPA industry experts (the “Judges”). Participants will build bots with Automation Anywhere RPA software, and each Participant’s bots are to be judged and ranked on the following criteria: completeness of the solution, speed of bot build and accuracy of bots automating each step in the workflow.
B. Terms and Conditions
- Excluded Individuals: Subject to other restrictions as set out in these Official Rules, only those who at the time of entry are residents of the following countries may enter the Contest: Australia, Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), Germany, India, Japan, Singapore, United Kingdom, and the United States; those who are residents of any other counties are not eligible to participate. Employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, agents, or other representatives of AAI, and of each of its affiliates and related corporations and any Contest-related suppliers (all of collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and the contest Judges, and any members of each such person’s immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Determination of whether you (a “Participant”) are eligible shall be made in the reasonable determination of AAI consistent with these Official Rules, whose decisions shall be final and binding. AAI has the right to require at any time proof of identity and/or eligibility from the Participant. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in disqualification.
- Void in Excluded Territories: THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND OTHER USA TERRITORIES (OTHER THAN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), CUBA, SYRIA, IRAN, SUDAN, NORTH KOREA, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, AND IN ALL JURISDICTIONS WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JURISDICTIONS WITH LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE REGISTRATION AND/OR TRUST ACCOUNT OR POSTING OF A BOND, OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED), OR RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW, AND VOID WHERE RESTRICTED BY INTERNAL BUSINESS OR COMPANY POLICY (COLLECTIVELY, “EXCLUDED TERRITORIES”). Residents of Excluded Territories are prohibited from entering or winning. THIS IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- No Government Official or Restricted Party: Participants and their companies, if applicable, may not be a Restricted Party, meaning any person or entity that is: (a) an official or employee of any governmental entity as defined under any relevant anti-bribery, ethics or anti-corruption statute, law, regulation or convention; and (b) on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List, Entity List or Unverified List; U.S. Department of the Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons; or U.S. Department of State List of Debarred Parties.
- Terms of Submission: By making a Submission, each Participant warrants and represents that the Submission complies with the terms hereunder and the information in the Submission materials is true and correct in all material respects. Failure to comply with each of the above requirements will disqualify Participant. Your Submissions do not constitute consideration of any kind. At any time prior to the Submission Deadline, Participant may resubmit an amended Submission, which resubmission will be deemed the Submission for purposes of judging. For clarity, AAI will own all Submissions and resubmissions and this ownership will not lapse even if AAI does not exercise any rights in that ownership for a period of one (1) year from the date of submission, regardless of anything to the contrary under law (including, without limitation, under any applicable copyright laws). By submitting an entry, each Participant assigns any and all rights, including intellectual property rights, in the Submission to AAI and waives any moral right the Participant may have in such Submission.
By entering, Participants agree to these terms and the decisions of AAI and the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all aspects as it relates to the Contests and any Submission. AAI has the right to disqualify any Submission and/or Participant that it determines in its sole discretion does not comply with these rules. Entry into any Contests does not constitute entry into any other AAI promotion, contest, or sweepstakes at any time. AAI reserves the right, in its sole discretion and acting reasonably, to modify, terminate or suspend the Contests. AAI further reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from the Contests if AAI determines, in its sole discretion and acting reasonably, that any Participant has acted improperly (or who is reasonably suspected of acting) in contravention of these terms. AAI is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. AAI reserves the right, in its reasonably exercised discretion, to disqualify any Participant and his/her Submissions it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these terms or in disruptive manner.
- License: You hereby grant to AAI a perpetual, royalty free and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt and otherwise exploit all intellectual property rights in your submitted and resubmitted bots, submitted videos, and related materials that form part of the submission (the “Submissions”). You further agree to sign all documents and take such steps as AAI considers reasonably necessary to give effect to the grant of license (as applicable) contemplated by this clause. You also authorize AAI to display, distribute, publish, reproduce, adapt, use and translate any and all Submissions you provide, and to broadcast it on AAI’s website and/or via any other communication protocol currently in use and/or developed in the future. Notwithstanding any other language to the contrary, should you decide to commercialize any Bot and/or any content and date contained in your Submission, you might be asked, at AAI’s discretion and per a request in writing, to submit such Bot for sale in AAI’s Bot Store.
- Reservation of Rights: Participants shall have no rights or licenses hereunder, express or implied, with respect to any intellectual property, software, hardware or information of AAI or any of its affiliates. All rights and licenses, title and interests not expressly granted in these terms are expressly reserved by AAI and its affiliates.
- Release: Each Participant represents and warrants that: (a) all rights to the Submission materials belong to such Participant, the Submission is original and the Submission does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation; (b) Participant has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to Participant’s Submission, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and, (c) each Participant hereby holds AAI and Contest Entities harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Submission materials and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of your Submission or to be compensated for any such uses as is consistent with applicable law.
- Participant’s Submission Materials: Participant agrees that AAI shall have the right and license to use, review, assess, evaluate or otherwise consider all Submission materials in connection with the Contests.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, RELATED FINANCIAL ENTITIES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANT FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR: (A) ANY BODILY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPANT’S SUBMISSION, PARTICIPANT’S ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, IF APPLICABLE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY BOT GAMES CONTESTS OR IN ANY CONTEST OR RELATED ACTIVITY; OR (B) ANY CLAIMS INCLUDING, BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, COMMERCIAL APPROPRIATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY AAI OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS, OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION, TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY WINNER. Participants hereby represent and warrant that they have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Released Parties for any claims, actions, related damages, costs (including attorney fees and court costs), charges and judgments against Released Parties associated with rights and licenses granted AAI and its Affiliates hereunder or breach by such Participant of any such rights and licenses. Prior to being awarded any prize, the Participant may be required to sign a release document confirming his/her eligibility, compliance with these rules, the assignment of all intellectual property rights in the Submission to AAI and the grant of the release of liability hereunder. All prizes are ‘’as-is”, without any warranty or guarantee by AAI of any kind, except as such is expressly prohibited by applicable law without any possibility of waiver.
- Severability; Headings; Waiver: If any one (1) or more provisions of these terms are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these terms. Headings and captions are used in these terms solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect, in any manner, the meaning or intent of these terms or any provision hereof. Failure of AAI to enforce any of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of any provision.
- Recourse & Remedies: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms, Participant's rights and obligations or the rights and obligations of AAI or its Affiliates in connection with the Contests, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Participants agree that EXCEPT FOR VIOLATION OF ANY INDEMNITY STATED HEREIN, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED UP TO $500, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE CONTESTS BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO, ANY CLAIM; PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN THE AFOREMENTIONED OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Copy of Rules. For all the duration of the Contest, these Official Rules will be made available on the following website https://www.automationanywhere.com/botgames-terms-and-conditions.