Technical Support Terms
Last revised: June 14, 2021
Support Terms applicable to all Automation Anywhere Support Plans:
Automation Anywhere, Inc. (“AAI”) is committed to offering our global subscription customers a technical support program backed by comprehensive support plans. Our support plans are designed to help you get the assistance you need, when you need it in order to maximize your investment in AAI. These Technical Support Terms apply to you whether you have purchased a license to our on-premise software or a subscription to our cloud-delivered services (collectively, “Products” and each a “Product”), as more particularly described below.
|Hours of operation||24x7x365 staffed Help Desk support|
|Supported Product versions||
For Automation Anywhere Enterprise version 10.x and 11.x Product Families please reference:
For the Automation 360 Product or other Products designated as eligible for continuous support, please reference: https://www.automationanywhere.com/automation-anywhere-continuous-products-and-services-lifecycle-policy
|Method of access||Phone (Severity 1 only) / A-People Customer Support Portal (All Severities)|
|AAI response Method||Phone / A-People Customer Support Portal / email|
AAI follows an incident-based technical support model. Our global Support Team can be reached through the following channels.
A-People Customer Support Portal
You can log in to our A-People Customer Support Portal by navigating to the link given below, or as may be updated from time to time and advised to you:
In order to access Support, you must register for AAI A-People Customer Support Portal.
Once registered you will have, among other capabilities, the ability to:
- Search AAI knowledge articles, documentation, and forum posts to quickly find solutions.
- Log a case and manage your support requests.
- Share your feedback for each case relative to the support experience you had with our support engineers to help us continuously improve our support delivery.
Terms and Conditions
- Response Time: Response time is defined as the time elapsed between a problem being reported (case created) and the problem being acknowledged by a support representative to initiate support activities. For Severity 1 issues (as defined below), after opening the case please place a phone call to help ensure the best response. Efforts will be undertaken to respond to the case within the defined target response time set out above per severity level, and to work towards a potential solution for the problems reported.
- Designated contacts: Access to the Customer Support Portal is limited to your designated contacts. This allows for a centralized and efficient communication channel for internal IT or CoE teams to support end-users. AAI does not provide support directly to end-users. It is assumed that a trained customer internal IT and/or CoE team supports end-users directly, triaging between bot configuration errors and/or customer infrastructure issues prior to engaging with AAI support by opening a case. To this end the designated contact should ensure that there are no customer side systems, network connectivity, customer applications, database provisioning, access permission, internal security, maintenance or other customer infrastructure issues that are causing the issue. When opening a case, your designated contacts will evaluate the severity level definitions below, and in good faith will designate the appropriate severity level for the case. AAI reserves the right to evaluate the selected severity level and confirm or recategorize it, with or without prior notification.
- If AAI is not able to apply a permanent fix to a problem in a timely manner, a work around may be provided as a temporary solution to restore the use of the Products. Severities of cases may be downgraded one severity level when a confirmed workaround is provided that alleviates the impact of the corresponding issue. When a workaround has been provided, permanent fixes that require substantial development or quality assurance work, or cooperation of a third party, will be delivered or not by AAI at our sole discretion.
- You agree to: (i) perform reasonable first line support prior to opening a case with AAI; (ii) file a separate case for every separate or potentially separate problem; (iii) cooperate and communicate in a timely manner with AAI; (iv) assign designated contact persons with the necessary technical and communication skills to collaborate with AAI; (v) provide AAI with sufficient and accurate information related to the problem; (vi) make reasonable attempts to replicate, or assist AAI in replicating the problem under the circumstances in place at the time of case submission, including by conducting diagnostic or troubleshooting activities; (vii) implement changes to your infrastructure and/or applications as directed by AAI in order to troubleshoot and/or resolve the problem; and (viii) escalate cases within the A-People support portal prior to escalating cases with the assigned CSM, AAI sales, or AAI support management. In the event you fail to perform steps (i) to (viii), AAI reserves the right to close the case with or without prior notice.
Scope of Support
- The Support Team will be able to help you if you face any problems with existing automations in production. However, if you want us to modify / rebuild a task or bot for you, you will need to work with our professional services team or a partner, which would be a chargeable engagement not covered under support.
- Support includes answering quick questions regarding the use of a specific feature of the Product and assistance with a specific problem or error message. More extensive help with the use of specific features can be provided by our professional services team or a partner as a chargeable engagement not covered under support.
- The Support Team will provide support for issues with your existing automations in production, including issues specific to third-party software that is built into or embedded by Automation Anywhere into its RPA product, to provide a product functionality. However, should it be determined that the problem relates to a third-party product within your environment and is unrelated to the Automation Anywhere software/platform, you will need to engage the respective third-party technology vendor directly. Automation Anywhere support is unable to open a support request with any such third-party vendor on your behalf.
Severity Level Definitions
|Severity Level||Severity 1||Severity 2||Severity 3||Severity 4|
Any AAI Product error in the live production environment (“Production”) that: a) renders the Product entirely unusable to you; b) occurred after the Product of the same version was running in Production without exhibiting such error; and c) has no identified alternate solution or workaround available.
Example: Production goes down because the Product does not function at all. You are unable to open/launch or bring the Product to a usable state resulting in a major impact on your operations.
Affected Product functions must have already been successfully tested in your development and test environments and were also working successfully in Production prior to Severity 1 error occurring in Production.
Any AAI Product error in Production that: a) affects multiple users at the same time; b) has a critical business impact; c) occurred after the Product of the same version was running in Production without exhibiting such error; and d) has no identified alternate solution or workaround available.
Example: One of the components of the Product is not performing as expected or is giving unexpected results/output in Production.
Affected Product functions must have already been successfully tested in your development and test environments and were also working successfully in Production prior to Severity 2 error occurring in Production.
|Any AAI Product error that: a) is causing a substantial business impact; and b) has no identified alternate solution or workaround available.||All other AAI Product errors as well as requests and questions. These include without limitation: a) requests for additional features and enhancements; b) Documentation related issues; and c) training related issues.|
Support Plan Benefits:
|Support Hours||24/7x365 customer portal and phone support for Severity 1 issues. Must select one of our 5 defined weekday support shifts which will apply to all other severities.||24x7x365 customer portal and phone support for Severity 1 issues. 24x5 support for other severities (shifts are selectable at time of case submission).||24x7x365 customer portal and phone support for Severity 1 issues. 24x5 for other severities (shifts are selectable at time of case submission).|
|SLA: Severity 1 Initial Response *||4 Hours||2 Hours||1 Hour|
|SLA: Severity 2 Initial Response||8 Business Hours **||4 Business Hours **||2 Business Hours **|
|SLA: Severity 3 Initial Response||16 Business Hours **||12 Business Hours **||8 Business Hours **|
|SLA: Severity 4 Initial Response||-||16 Business Hours **||16 Business Hours **|
|Follow the Sun for English Cases||-||Severity 1||Severity 1|
|Language Support||English plus one of Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Japanese, Korean and Polish Support from Automation Anywhere Support Centers||Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Polish Support from Automation Anywhere Support Centers||Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Polish Support. ****|
|Language Support Hours||English: 24x7, other languages in a single designated shift||English 24x7, other languages in designated local Business Hours **||English 24x7, other languages in designated local Business Hours **|
|Delegated admin access for the customer portal||2||5||10|
|Designated support contacts on customer side||up to 2||up to 6||up to 15|
|Higher priority for Level 4 support assistance||-|
|Permission-based support portal case visibility across the account||-|
|Ability to CC other Designated Support Contacts on Cases||-|
|Consulting for Minor Upgrades and Expansions||T&E under SOW|
|Assigned Technical Account Manager ***||-||-|
|Access to Field Escalation Engineers ***||-||-|
|Access to Enterprise Architects ***||-||-|
|Premium Support team priority routing for most cases||-||-|
|Prioritized consideration for fix/enhancement request release inclusion||-||-|
|Annual infrastructure health check/risk assessment||-||-|
|Option for regional technical account managers||-||-|
|Regularly scheduled support review teleconferences||-||-||Monthly|
|Support involvement in regularly scheduled business reviews||-||-||Quarterly|
* Calendar Hours are any hours of the day, regardless of region, time of day or day of week.
**AAI runs 5 regional 9-hour shifts. Business Hours are hours from Monday – Friday within the applicable regional AAI shift which is the shift that a) the designated contact selected in the support portal at the time the support case was opened or, if not applicable then b) a shift as selected by AAI that was in session at the time the support case was opened. Business Hours exclude applicable regional AAI holidays. Business Days are 9 consecutive Business Hours.
*** Regional/local language Technical Account Manager (TAM), Enterprise Architect, and Field Escalation Engineer support subject to availability. When not available, such support will be provided remotely and in English.
Support Terms applicable only to the standard entry-level Orange support plan that is included with all Product Subscriptions:
These terms are operative unless a paid subscription for Silver or Gold support is in effect across all subscriptions as reflected on an executed Order Form. Alternate terms for those plans are reflected below.
Initial Response SLAs:
AAI will take commercially reasonable efforts to meet target initial response SLAs for at least 85% of all submitted cases.
As part of the standard, entry-level Orange support plan, you must select one of the supported regionally aligned shifts for all of your team members (currently five shifts are supported), and one corresponding additional supported language for that shift (in addition to English) that you may submit all your cases in. Though English Severity 1 cases will be initially responded to on a 24/7/365 basis, cases of other severities or in local languages will only be worked during the one selected shift.
Designated Contacts/Designated Admins:
Up to 2 designated contacts will be able to log and manage cases. These designated contacts will not be able to see or manage each other’s cases, but both will be able to be designated as delegated admins to manage designated contacts and their privileges.
Support Terms applicable to both the Silver and Gold support plans:
These terms are operative when a paid subscription for Silver or Gold support is in effect as reflected on an executed Order Form. Note that a) the initial paid subscription for Silver or Gold support must reflect all Product subscriptions for all AAI Products in effect globally at the time of execution of such Order Form and b) to continue to enjoy purchased Silver or Gold support during the term of the paid support subscription, you must also purchase the respective support level in respect of all incremental Product subscriptions globally during such paid support subscription term. Note that all Silver or Gold support subscriptions are non-creditable and non-refundable.
As part of our premium Silver or Gold support plans, you have access to all of our supported regionally-aligned shifts (currently five) and corresponding local languages (currently 8) as selected at the time of case submission. Severity 1 cases submitted in English will be initially responded to on a 24/7/365 basis and will be worked on a continuous follow-the-sun basis. Other cases are guaranteed only to be worked during the shift selected at the time of case submission.
Higher priority for Level 4 support assistance:
Priorities for cases escalated to the highest, ‘Level 4’, engineering support will in part be dependent on whether or not the account associated with the case has subscribed to Silver or Gold premium support.
Permission-based support portal case visibility across the account:
Designated support contacts on the customer side, if enabled by one of the designated delegated admins, can see all cases submitted by all the designated contacts.
Ability to CC other Designated Support Contacts on Cases:
Designated support contacts on the customer side can manually or automatically be added as CC’s to cases and thus will receive all case updates for such cases.
Consulting for Minor Upgrades and Expansions:
Access to the AAI Platform Enablement Team for up to 8 hours each year of the subscription term of consulting for minor upgrades (e.g. v11.2.X to 11.3.X) or expansions.
Root Cause Analysis Summary Documentation:
Root cause analysis documentation lists the steps taken to identify the problem and determine the cause, and also describes the approach that will be used to address the problem and prevent against it going forward. Customers may submit a written request for a Root Cause Analysis summary for Severity 1 issues.
Support Terms applicable to the Silver support plan only:
These terms are operative when a paid subscription for Silver support is in effect as reflected on an executed Order Form.
Initial Response SLAs:
AAI will take commercially reasonable efforts to meet target initial response SLAs for at least 90% of all submitted cases.
Designated Contacts/Designated Admins:
Up to 6 designated contacts will be able to log and manage cases, up to 5 of whom will be able to be designated as delegated admins to manage designated contacts and their privileges.
Support Terms applicable to the Gold support plan only:
These support terms are only operative to customers who have purchased a Gold premium support subscription as described in an executed Order Form.
Initial Response SLAs:
AAI will take commercially reasonable efforts to meet target initial response SLAs for at least 95% of all submitted cases.
Up to 15 designated contacts will be able to log and manage cases, of whom up to 10 may have admin privileges. The admin privileges enable the user to select who has access as a delegated admin and whether they can just see their own cases or can see all cases across the account.
Assigned Technical Account Manager (TAM):
Includes up to 29 hours per month of proactive management and prioritization of all open cases/technical issues. For any pre-authorized onsite sessions, reasonable travel expenses will be billed separately.
Access to Enterprise Architects:
Includes, when needed (as determined by the TAM), up to 40 hours per year of the subscription term of Enterprise Architect engagement to address tough environmental issues, to assist in developing migration/scaling plans, and to perform the included infrastructure health check/risk assessment. Additional time in any year, if required, will be billed at the then-applicable Professional Services rates. For any pre-authorized onsite sessions, reasonable travel expenses will be billed separately.
Access to Field Escalation Engineers:
Includes, when needed (as determined by the TAM), up to 40 hours per year of the subscription term of Field Escalation Engineer engagement to assist the remote technical support team in resolving escalated technical issues. Additional time in any year, if required, will be billed at the then-applicable Professional Services rates. For any pre-authorized onsite sessions, reasonable travel expenses will be billed separately.
Monthly Scheduled Support Review Teleconferences:
The assigned TAM will schedule and host a monthly Support Review Teleconference to review the status of critical cases, overall case statistics, and status of any support continuous improvement initiatives.
Support Participation in Regularly Scheduled Business Reviews:
The assigned TAM will participate in scheduled Quarterly Business Review meetings, presenting overall support status.
Post-Closure Incident Reports for Severity 1 Cases:
Provided upon request.
Annual Infrastructure Health Check/Risk Assessment:
Performed by an Enterprise Architect on request. For any associated pre-authorized onsite sessions, reasonable travel expenses will be billed separately.
Option for regional Technical Account Manager:
For an additional fee, additional Technical Account Managers (TAMs) can be added to provide support in additional time zones and/or shifts.
Premium Support team priority routing for most cases:
Prioritized routing of cases to our Premium Support Team for most cases. This pool of our top support engineers will address the majority of your cases. In the event that all Premium Support Team engineers are fully occupied, on occasion, to accelerate handling, cases may be routed to other engineers, but this will be the exception as opposed to the rule.
Prioritized consideration for fix/enhancement request release inclusion:
During prioritization of fixes/enhancement requests for specific releases, your requests (along with those of other Gold premium support customers) will receive special attention. While we can’t make any specific guarantees here, given this special attention, some of your requests will be assigned to earlier releases than they would have been otherwise.
Includes up to 40 hours per year of the subscription term as needed of remote upgrade/expansion/migration consulting in English by our Platform Enablement team. Support in other languages or onsite is available at the then-current applicable Professional Services rates.
Permission-based support portal case visibility across the account:
Users dedicated as admins can enable privileges of designated contacts to either have access/visibility to all cases in the account or can restrict access of designated contacts to only their own cases.
Follow the Sun for English Cases:
For Severity 1 cases submitted in English, the cases will be passed from shift to shift on a 24-hour basis to accelerate resolution. Note that we often require customer assistance to make progress with cases. In the event this is the case, we will not be able to make progress on the case unless the needed customer resources are available.