NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Automation Anywhere Inc.
12th floor, Prestige Trade Towers
45/1, Palace Rd, High Grounds, Sampangi Rama Nagar
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SEPTEMBER, 2019 Botathon ("Botathon CONTESTS" OR "CONTESTS"), YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL OF THE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREE THAT THIS CONTRACT IS ENTERED INTO BY YOU AND AUTOMATION ANYWHERE, INC. ("AAI"). THESE ARE SKILL-BASED CONTESTS AND CHANCE PLAYS NO ROLE IN THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE RULES, DO NOT PARTICIPATE OR SUBMIT AN ENTRY.
A. Our legal team asked us to make sure you're aware of the following:
|Stage||Process||Selection Criteria||Open from||Selection announcement|
|Stage 1||Registration||- Must be student as on 1st May 2019|
- College ID Card as proof to be attached
|Stage 2||Screening||Eligible students will be provided e-learning courses to take. Students must complete the 4 courses by 30th July 19||20-Jun-19||31-Jul-19|
|Preparation||Virtual training sessions as per calendar to be published||This is optional for students to enrol in||01-Aug-19||20-Aug-19|
|Invitation||Email eligible students||Eligible students will be mailed at the registered email id giving the date and venue||25-Aug-19||25-Aug-19|
- Contests: You're going to be entering in skill-based contests - not a lottery or a random drawing. In this case, your coding skills matter, so bring 'em!
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of AAI as final and binding as it relates to the Botathon Contests and your Submission. The Botathon Contests are subject to all applicable laws, including federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
- Ownership: To full extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to assign ownership to all of your submitted and resubmitted bots, submitted videos, and related materials that form part of the submission (the "Submissions") to AAI so that we can share your awesome work in our Bot Store or as AAI sees fit. If such assignment is not enforceable pursuant to applicable laws, you agree to grant AAI a perpetual, royalty free and exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt and otherwise exploit all intellectual property rights in your Submissions. If the license contemplated above is not enforceable pursuant to applicable laws, you agree to grant AAI a perpetual, royalty free and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt and otherwise exploit all intellectual property rights in your Submissions. You further agree to sign all documents and take such steps as AAI considers reasonably necessary to give effect to the assignment or grant of license (as applicable) contemplated by this clause. All copyrights relating to the Submissions shall be assigned by you to AAI upon the submission and you hereby agrees not to exercise any moral rights relating to any of the Submissions.
- Eligibility: Anyone who has reached the legal age of majority (18 years of age) where they live and is a student in India as on 1st May 2019. Additionally, you must be present on the event dates from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm IST at the Botathon event location.
- Language: All submissions must be made in the English language.
- Submission Instructions: Go to https://www.automationanywhere.com/india-botathon and follow the instructions stated there on how to register. Once you have registered you will receive an email providing further instructions.
Location of Contests. The will be held on event dates from 10 AM to 5:30 pm IST at mentioned event locations
Winning: You can win a maximum of one (1) prize for the competition. AAI will announce the winners at the Botathon Site. You must be present to win.
- Prizes and Value: The three (3) winners will each be awarded a prize with maximum retail Price ("MRP") as follows:
- First prize is an Apple iPhone XR with an MRP INR 81,900
- Second prize is an Apple iPad Air with an MRP of INR 44,900
- Third prize is an Apple iPad with an MRP of INR 35,700
- Contest Judging:Those shortlisted participants (those who have passed Stage 1, Stage 2, and the Preparation stages) who will be eligible to participate in BOT Assessments will be notified by email of their selection on August 25th, 2019. There will be two (2) rounds of competition. The first round is Bot Assessment, which will check the product knowledge of the participants through an online multiple-choice evaluation exam. The top 100 scoring participants from the Bot Assessment will be selected to take part in the second round of competition. The Judges will select a winner on final day of event at 5:00 PM IST. Both rounds will be held at event locations. The schedule can change depending on the number of participants enrolling into the competition. There will be sufficient advance notice via email provided to the participants if there is a change in the schedule; the communication will be to the registered email only.
- Judging and Judging CriteriaThis is a live competition being held at the Botathon Site, and this takes place on event dates from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm IST. Participant's bots are to be judged by a panel of judges comprised of AAI developers and technical experts who are employees of AAI as well as RPA industry experts (the "Judges"). Participants will build bots with Automation Anywhere RPA software, and this competition consists of 3 levels, with each level having increased complexity and must be completed and passed. Each Participant's bots are to be judged and ranked on the following criteria: speed of bot build, accuracy of bots running each task, resilience of bots, code quality.
B. Official Rules Continued:
- Excluded Individuals: Subject to other restrictions as set out in these Official Rules, only those who have reached the legal age of majority (18 years of age) where they live and are students in India as on 1st May 2019; those who are not students (over the age of 18) in India are not eligible to participate. Employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, agents, or other representatives of AAI, and of each of its affiliates and related corporations and any Contest-related suppliers (all of collectively, the "Contest Entities") and the contest Judges, and any members of each such person's immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Determination of whether you (a "Participant") are eligible shall be made in the reasonable determination of AAI consistent with these Official Rules, whose decisions shall be final and binding. AAI has the right to require at any time proof of identity and/or eligibility from the Participant. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in disqualification.
- Void in Excluded Territories: THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND OTHER USA TERRITORIES (OTHER THAN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), CUBA, SYRIA, IRAN, SUDAN, NORTH KOREA, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, AND IN ALL JURISDICTIONS WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JURISDICTIONS WITH LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE REGISTRATION AND/OR TRUST ACCOUNT OR POSTING OF A BOND, OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED), OR RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW, AND VOID WHERE RESTRICTED BY INTERNAL BUSINESS OR COMPANY POLICY (COLLECTIVELY, "EXCLUDED TERRITORIES"). Residents of Excluded Territories are prohibited from entering or winning. THIS IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- No Government Official or Restricted Party: Participants and their companies, if applicable, may not be a Restricted Party, meaning any person or entity that is: (a) an official or employee of any governmental entity as defined under any relevant anti-bribery, ethics or anti-corruption statute, law, regulation or convention; and (b) on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List, Entity List or Unverified List; U.S. Department of the Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons; or U.S. Department of State List of Debarred Parties.
- Terms of Submission: By making a Submission, each Participant warrants and represents that the Submission complies with the terms hereunder and the information in the Submission materials is true and correct in all material respects. Failure to comply with each of the above requirements will disqualify Participant. Your Submissions do not constitute consideration of any kind. At any time prior to the Submission Deadline, Participant may resubmit an amended Submission, which resubmission will be deemed the Submission for purposes of judging. For clarity, AAI will own all Submissions and resubmissions and this ownership will not lapse even if AAI does not exercise any rights in that ownership for a period of one (1) year from the date of submission, regardless of anything to the contrary under law (including, without limitation, under any applicable copyright laws). By submitting an entry, each Participant assigns any and all rights, including intellectual property rights, in the Submission to AAI and waives any moral right the Participant may have in such Submission.
By entering, Participants agree to these terms and the decisions of AAI and the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all aspects as it relates to the Botathon Contests and any Submission. AAI has the right to disqualify any Submission and/or Participant that it determines in its sole discretion does not comply with these rules. Entry into any Botathon Contests does not constitute entry into any other AAI promotion, contest, or sweepstakes at any time. AAI reserves the right, in its sole discretion and acting reasonably, to modify, terminate or suspend the Botathon Contests. AAI further reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from the Botathon Contests if AAI determines, in its sole discretion and acting reasonably, that any Participant has acted improperly (or who is reasonably suspected of acting) in contravention of these terms. AAI is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. AAI reserves the right, in its reasonably exercised discretion, to disqualify any Participant and his/her Submissions it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these terms or in disruptive manner.
- Reservation of Rights: Participants shall have no rights or licenses hereunder, express or implied, with respect to any intellectual property, software, hardware or information of AAI or any of its affiliates. All rights and licenses, title and interests not expressly granted in these terms are expressly reserved by AAI and its affiliates.
- Release: Each Participant represents and warrants that: (a) all rights to the Submission materials belong to such Participant, the Submission is original and the Submission does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation; (b) Participant has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to Participant's Submission, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and, (c) each Participant hereby holds AAI and Contest Entities harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Submission materials and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of your Submission or to be compensated for any such uses as is consistent with applicable law.
- Participant’s Submission Materials: Participant agrees that AAI shall have the right and license to use, review, assess, evaluate or otherwise consider all Submission materials in connection with the Botathon Contests.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, RELATED FINANCIAL ENTITIES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES"), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANT FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR: (A) ANY BODILY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPANT'S SUBMISSION, PARTICIPANT'S ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, IF APPLICABLE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY Botathon CONTESTS OR IN ANY CONTEST OR RELATED ACTIVITY; OR (B) ANY CLAIMS INCLUDING, BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, COMMERCIAL APPROPRIATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY AAI OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS, OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION, TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY WINNER. Participants hereby represent and warrant that they have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Released Parties for any claims, actions, related damages, costs (including attorney fees and court costs), charges and judgments against Released Parties associated with rights and licenses granted AAI and its Affiliates hereunder or breach by such Participant of any such rights and licenses. Prior to being awarded any prize, the Participant may be required to sign a release document confirming his/her eligibility, compliance with these rules, the assignment of all intellectual property rights in the Submission to AAI and the grant of the release of liability hereunder. All prizes are ''as-is", without any warranty or guarantee by AAI of any kind, except as such is expressly prohibited by applicable law without any possibility of waiver.
- Severability; Headings; Waiver If any one (1) or more provisions of these terms are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these terms. Headings and captions are used in these terms solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect, in any manner, the meaning or intent of these terms or any provision hereof. Failure of AAI to enforce any of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of any provision.
- Recourse & Remedies All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms, Participant's rights and obligations or the rights and obligations of AAI or its Affiliates in connection with the Botathon Contests, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Participants agree that EXCEPT FOR VIOLATION OF ANY INDEMNITY STATED HEREIN, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED UP TO 500 USD, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Botathon CONTESTS BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO, ANY CLAIM; PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN THE AFOREMENTIONED OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Copy of Rules. For all the duration of the Contest, these Official Rules will be made available on the following website https://www.automationanywhere.com/botathon-india-terms-and-conditions.