Thread: File download option "SAVE AS" using Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10)

Default File download option "SAVE AS" using Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10)

Internet Explorer 10 has a built in file download manager and there doesn't appear to be an option to use "SAVE AS" and assign a file name and path for the file being downloaded. What is the best way to manage a file download in IE 10 using Automation Anywhere?

The websites I download from request several parameters and will then start a file download of a text file containing custom data.

Thank you for any solution or suggestions offered.

Quote Originally Posted by catchem35 View Post
    Internet Explorer 10 has a built in file download manager and there doesn't appear to be an option to use "SAVE AS" and assign a file name and path for the file being downloaded. What is the best way to manage a file download in IE 10 using Automation Anywhere?

The websites I download from request several parameters and will then start a file download of a text file containing custom data.

Thank you for any solution or suggestions offered.
    You can set the default download folder under IE settings. To actually capture the 'save' button I've only had success using 'manage windows controls.' 'manage web controls' cannot seem to read the 'save' button in the yellow box that opens on the bottom of the screen. Use the built-in timer to tell AA how long to wait so you can be sure the button is available. Works for me.

If you need to change the download path, then use 'manage windows controls' to open up 'save as' from the menu next to 'save.'

If you can, just use the AA 'download file' link. Doesn't work unless you have the full URL which you many not have if parameters are being passed.

Hi Catchem35,

Apologies for the delayed response. The replies to the posts were getting piled up in the Moderation queue. We have the situation sorted out now and you will now find the replies showing up for the concerned posts.

Were the suggestions provided by trentonponder helpful to get the file downloaded. Do let us know if you need any assistance, in case the problem still exists.

Regards.

I needed my task to be able to do the same and run unattended and came up with the following solution... Using TightVNC i was able to disconnect from the session and it would still run. But when doing that, manage web controls became useless. So - using the IE 10 options, I was able to set a default folder for file downloads and then using a delay after calling the URL to download the file, send a ALT S to save the file to the default location. I then renamed the file (using rename *) at that location, then moved it to a final location. I then deleted all of the files in that temp location and repeated the process which assured me there is always one file in the location.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more specifics - this was off of memory which isn't the best (-: