Hockey Stick Growth Expected to Continue As Automation Goes Mainstream
Automation Anywhere (www.AutomationAnywhere.com), a global leader in automation software and automated testing software, today announced that its 2010 sales were twice those of 2009. The Fourth Quarter of 2010 was also the best quarter in the company's history with 150% growth compared to the same period in 2009.
Automation Anywhere's next generation of automation and testing tools are being used by a wide mix of Fortune 500 companies as well as small to medium sized businesses. A few of the new customers in 2010 include Interactive Data, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, NGC (Northrop Grumman Corporation), Burlington Coat Factory and Lenovo.
"The Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles monitors critical functions within our legacy clinical laboratory information systems. We had been looking for an off-the-shelf replacement for these unsupported routines," said Mike Wagner, Application Specialist, Clinical Support Systems, EIS, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. "We contacted Automation Anywhere and they were able to build a working solution within a few hours of collaboration on one of our most complicated routines. Automation Anywhere is a powerful, innovative tool and many of us here at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center are excited by the value Automation Anywhere is bringing and we plan to expand the usage even more."
"We have a very strong business model that is delivering superior client value and earnings," said Mihir Shukla, CEO of Automation Anywhere. "Our customer-focused strategies have enabled us to meet or exceed our goals in all metrics including margins revenue growth, new product introductions, average order size and deeper penetration into our Fortune 1000 customers. Earlier this year we re-branded ourselves from Tethys Solutions to Automation Anywhere and that has allowed us to invest our marketing dollars in a single brand. In 2010 we expanded significantly in the finance, technology and healthcare sectors. We now have more than 200 of the Fortune 500 companies as customers. Our new Unicode product line has allowed us to further our reach in Fortune 100 companies and internationally."
2010 Automation Anywhere Growth Highlights include:
- 100% growth in revenues in 2010 over 2009.
- A new and expanded development center in India.
- A new and expanded office in San Jose, USA.
- Sales continue to happen globally, with particular success coming in North America, Asia and Europe.
- Continued growth of Automation Anywhere and Testing Anywhere product lines.
Key Advancements in 2010 include:
- Launch of Testing 6.5 and Object Avatar -- Testing Anywhere's Object Avatar is a new object-based testing tool that significantly reduces development and modification time. This approach means users don't have to re-record test cases with each object change and there is no need to access a live application to create or modify test cases.
- Release of Automation Anywhere 6.5 Server Edition -- The most recent edition of Automation Anywhere 6.5 Server Edition includes improved web services integration, better management of complex environments and XML integration.
- Release of new Automation Anywhere (Unicode version) – Automation Anywhere released a new version of our Unicode product line in 2010 allowing users to create and run automation processes in more than 40 languages. It expands native language supports to over 500+ automation actions allowing non-English speaking customers to work with their native language and allowing English speaking customers to expand the reach of automation to multi-lingual websites and software.
Automation Anywhere continues to see growing visibility in the press. Media coverage in 2010 included:
- NetworkWorld: NetworkWorld wrote a case study on how the New York Credit Union eases processing pains through automation.
- Redmond Magazine Product Review: Automation Anywhere received 9.6 out of 10 stars and reported: "There's one underlying, fundamental truth in IT: Those that run networks are overworked. Thankfully, network-automation products like Automation Anywhere Server make life easier by automating complex or repetitive tasks." Brien Posey, Redmond Magazine
- SD Times: One of the leading application developer publications covered Automation Anywhere's launch of Testing Anywhere's Avatar functionality, reporting: "The tool automatically identifies new screens and objects (or only picks up objects specified by the user) from a live application, which are then captured in a test case and placed into Testing Anywhere's repository. The live application is essentially virtualized, forming the 'Avatar' for the identification and modification of objects."
- Windows IT Pro: Windows IT Pro gave Automation Anywhere a positive review, reporting: "Automation Anywhere Enterprise is a full-featured, multi-environment workflow automation tool with an extensive set of task templates."
About Testing Anywhere by Automation Anywhere
In December 2009, Automation Anywhere launched its second major product line called Testing Anywhere. Testing Anywhere is a powerful and easy to use automated testing software that allows users to automate any type of testing. Testing Anywhere provides automated testing software that allows QA engineers, developers and other business users to easily test controls, languages, objects, applications, and websites at a fraction of the cost of other testing suites or manual testing. Automation Anywhere's Testing Anywhere has five different ways to create tests including 585 edit commands to customize to your specific testing environment and specifications, twenty-two checkpoints, and more than twenty state of the art tools including a workflow designer, visual OCR, and more. For a free evaluation, please see: http://www.AutomationAnywhere.com/Testing/download/free-trial.htm
About Automation Anywhere
Automation Anywhere, formerly Tethys Solutions, builds high functionality automation software and testing software that sells at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. With customers in more than 90 countries, the company's user-friendly software technology enables fast automation of business and IT processes—without any programming. Automation Anywhere's customers range from Fortune 500 companies to thousands of small and medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurial start-ups, and individuals across a wide range of industries. For more information on Automation Anywhere please visit www.AutomationAnywhere.com.