Official Rules and Terms and Conditions
A. Our legal team asked us to make sure you're aware of the following.
- Contest. You're going to be entering a contest - not a lottery or a random drawing. Contests require some skills! In this case, your coding skills matter, so bring ‘em!
- Ownership. You agree to assign ownership to all of your submitted/resubmitted bots and related materials that form part of the submission (the “Submissions”) to Automation Anywhere so that we can share your awesome work in our Bot Store or as Automation Anywhere, Inc. (“AAI”) sees fit.
- Unique: The bots you submit or build must be unique (you can't just download a bot and submit it).
- Eligibility: Anyone in the world except employees of Automation Anywhere are eligible to participate. If you're from Jupiter you can't submit.
- Multiple Submissions: You're welcome to submit as many bots as you'd like to the Bot Genius competition.
- Winning: You can win a maximum of one (1) prize each for the Bot Genius & Bot Wars competitions.
- Resubmissions: If you need to update your Submission, you can resubmit it. We will take the latest submission as your final submission. AAI will own any and all Submissions.
- Demo: Bot Genius contestants are required to submit a video of their bot in action. The better we understand your bot, the more likely we will be able to accurately judge it.
- Submission Deadline. The Bot Genius contest begin on 10 January 2019 [12:00 pm] GMT, and contestants must submit their bot to Automation Anywhere by 1 March 2019 [5.00 pm] GMT. Bot Wars contest is live and takes place during the Bot Games portion of the Imagine 2019 Conference on 19 March 2019 [1.00 pm] GMT.
- Bot Genius Judging. The Judges (defined below) will judge the Submissions according to the objective criteria described in Section 13 below. There will be 2 rounds of judging (general and finalist). The first judging round will be on 1st March 2019, and three (3) finalists will be selected during this first round of judging. The panel of judges is composed of the following AAI leadership and qualifications: Team of AAI developers and technical experts to be determined (the “Judges”). The Judges will select the three (3) contestants with the highest scoring Submissions (“Finalists”), pursuant to the Judging Criteria (as defined in Sec. 14 below). The Finalists will be notified of their selection on or around 3 March 2019. The Finalists will go on stage and present their developed bots during the final round of competition during the Bot Games portion of the Imagine 2019 Conference, scheduled on 19 March 2019, 3:00 pm IST. Based on their presentation and the Judging Criteria, the Judges will select a winner on 19 March 2019 1.00 pm GMT.
- Bot Wars Judging. This is a live bot-building competition, being held onsite in Bengaluru during the Bot Games portion of the Imagine 2019 Conference. The developers compete live using the Neuralify software (the “Software”). The Software will judge the winner by different qualifiers, including speed, accuracy & knowledge of the AAI software platform. The Bot Wars contest takes place on 19 March 2019 [1:00 pm] GMT.
- Winners: Bot Genius & Bot Wars winners will be announced at the Bot Games event on 19 March 2019. You, or your designated representative must be present to win.
- Technical Requirements: Bot Genius Contest Submissions can be a MetaBot (which includes .mbot and .dll files) or a TaskBot (which includes at least one .atmx file), or a combination of both MetaBot and TaskBots that can run on the Automation Anywhere Enterprise platform versions 10.5 or greater. You're strongly encouraged to include a test stub to verify the functionality of the bot.
- Judging Criteria: Automation Anywhere will judge your submissions to the Bot Genius contest using the following criteria. The bots with the highest total scores will be deemed the winners.
- 14.1 Business Impact: Is the problem your bot tackling one that has a material impact for a business? We will score bots that tackle complex or intricate problems higher than bots that tackle simple problems.
- 14.2 Bot Functionality: Does your bot deliver against the business objective?
- 14.3 Modularity: Does your bot follow best practices to ensure it can be easily maintained? For example, are you using MetaBots for modularity?
- 14.4 Efficiency: Is your code concise, readable and understandable?
- 14.5 Security: Does your bot handle data according to accepted security guidelines?
- 14.6 Reusability and Configurability: To what degree is your bot configurable to operate in a different company or environment?
- Prizes and value: The three winning entries will be awarded three special prizes that will be declared one month before the contest concludes.
B. AAI Bot Genius and Bot Wars™ Contests Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES BELOW, AND AGREES THAT THIS CONTRACT IS ENTERED INTO BY PARTICIPANT AND AUTOMATION ANYWHERE, INC. THESE ARE SKILL-BASED CONTESTS AND CHANCE PLAYS NO ROLE IN THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. IF PARTICIPANT DOES NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE RULES, DO NOT PARTICIPATE OR SUBMIT AN ENTRY.
- Excluded Individuals. Employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, agents, or other representatives of Automation Anywhere, Inc. (“AAI”), and of each of its affiliates and any Contest-related suppliers (all of the foregoing entities referred to collectively as the “Contest Entities”), and any members of each such person’s immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Determination of whether a Participant is eligible shall be made in the sole discretion of AAI, whose decisions shall be final and binding.
- Void in Excluded Territory. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND OTHER USA TERRITORIES (OTHER THAN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), CUBA, SYRIA, IRAN, SUDAN, NORTH KOREA, AND IN ALL JURISDICTIONS WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JURISDICTIONS WITH LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE REGISTRATION AND/OR TRUST ACCOUNT OR POSTING OF A BOND, OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED), OR RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW, AND VOID WHERE RESTRICTED BY INTERNAL BUSINESS OR COMPANY POLICY (COLLECTIVELY, “EXCLUDED TERRITORY”). Residents of an Excluded Territory are prohibited from entering or winning.
- No Government Official or Restricted Party. Participants and their companies, if applicable, may not be a Restricted Party, meaning any person or entity that is: (a) an official or employee of any governmental entity as defined under any relevant anti-bribery, ethics, or anti-corruption statute, law, regulation or convention; and, (b) on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List, Entity List, or Unverified List; U.S. Department of the Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons; or U.S. Department of State List of Debarred Parties.
- Terms of Submission: By submitting an entry, each Participant warrants and represents that the entry complies with the terms hereunder and the information in the submission materials is true and correct in all material respects. Failure to comply with each of the above requirements will disqualify Participant. Submission materials are the property of AAI. At AAI’s sole discretion, AAI may return the submission materials. At any time prior to the Submission Deadline (general rules #9), Participant may resubmit an amended submission, which resubmission will be deemed the submission for purposes of judging. For clarity, AAI will own all submissions and resubmission and this ownership will not lapse even if AAI does not exercise any rights in that ownership for a period of one (1) year from the date of submission, regardless of anything to the contrary under Indian Copyright laws.
- By entering, Participants agree to these terms and the decisions of AAI and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all aspects. AAI has the right to disqualify any entry and/or Participant that it determines in its sole discretion does not comply with these rules. Entry into the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes during the Imagine 2019 Conference or at any other time. AAI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the Contest. AAI further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant from participation in the Contest who acted improperly.
- Participant agrees that AAI shall have the right and license to use, review, assess, evaluate or otherwise consider all submission materials in connection with the Contest and that AAI may use the submission materials in connection with marketing or promotion of the Contest in all media.
- Reservation of Rights: Participants shall have no rights or licenses hereunder, express or implied, with respect to any intellectual property, software, hardware, or information of AAI or any of its affiliates. All rights and licenses, title and interests not expressly granted in these terms are expressly reserved by AAI and its affiliates.
- Release: Each Participant represents and warrants that: (a) all rights to the submission materials belong to such Participant, the Submission is original and the Submission does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (b) Participant has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, and, (c) each Participant hereby holds the AAI and Contest Entities harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the submission materials, and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses as is consistent with applicable law.
- Participant Identity and Information. Participant agrees that participating in the Contest constitutes permission to AAI and its agencies to use the names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, video, likenesses and/or voices of the Participant and its employees, for purposes of advertising and AAI promotion without further compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, RELATED FINANCIAL ENTITIES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANT FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR (A) ANY BODILY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRY CREATION, THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, IF APPLICABLE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR RELATED ACTIVITY, OR (B) ANY CLAIMS INCLUDING, BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, COMMERCIAL APPROPRIATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY ADMINISTRATOR OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS, OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION, TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY WINNER. Participants hereby represent and warrant that they have read these Terms and Conditions and are fully familiar with its contents. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Released Parties for any claims, actions, related damages, costs (including attorney fees and court costs), charges, and judgments against Released Entities associated with rights and licenses granted AAI and its Affiliates under Sections 4-6 or breach by such Participant of any such rights and licenses.
- Severability; Headings; Waiver: If any one or more provisions of these terms are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these terms. Headings and captions are used in these terms solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these terms or any provision hereof. Failure of AAI to enforce any term of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these terms.
- Recourse & Remedies: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms, Participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the AAI or its Affiliates in connection with the Contest, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Participants agree that EXCEPT FOR VIOLATION OF ANY INDEMNITY STATED HEREIN, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED UP TO $500, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO, CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN AFOREMENTIONED OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.