T67 - Regularly download updated web images of weather maps
|Let's say you want to present the progression of weather system over a period of time. This task downloads the updated web images of weather maps at regular intervals.|
Note: Save the .atmn file in My Documents -> Automation Anywhere -> Automation Anywhere -> My Tasks
||Create new task
- Click on Tools->Web Recorder
||Double click on ‘Web Recorder’ command
- Select the option ‘Download File’
- Enter the path of the image url ‘http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xas_st.gif’.
- Enter the path at which you want to store the image.
- Here, we give the path ‘C:\WeatherInformation\
So, we can find the time stamp of the image.
||Schedule the task
- Using the schedule property of Automation Anywhere, you can schedule this task to run every few minutes so that you have the updated web images of the weather maps.
|When you run this task, it right-clicks the weather map image and saves it to the folder with latest timestamp.||
|I LOVE Automation Anywhere! It's allowed us to stop paying a part-timer to scrape different websites for the data we need, which was a tedious job to begin with. I was also very impressed with the support I received. I had a problem that AA support team was very responsive and helpful with, time and again, until we figured it out. Great product, great support, great company! Thanks|
|- Joe Brillante|
|Read Customer Testimonies >>|