T16 - Import csv file
|Import csv file and insert values in database.|
T16.atmn myCSV.csv myDB.mdb
|To see how the task runs in Automation Anywhere, download the files.|
||Open Task Editor to create a new task
- Click on New->Task Editor
||Connect to the database|
- Using 'Database' command, specify the connection string to connect Access database with Session Name, 'database'. Screenshot0
||Import the csv file|
- Double Click the 'Read From CSV/Text' command found under ‘Applications’ command category.
- Select CSV option and specify the path of CSV file that you want to import. Screenshot1
- Use Default session. You can also specify any other session name here.
||Process CSV File
- Let's process the values of CSV file one by one.
- All the values of the CSV file in one line will be read in ‘Loop for Each row in a CSV.Text File’.
- In the loop we have insert SQL statement which inserts each read value into the database, Screenshot 2.
||How to run the task:
- In case you do not have Automation Anywhere installed, please download and install it from, http://www.automationanywhere.com/download/freeTrial.htm
- Save T16.atmn under location, My Documents\Automation Anywhere\Automation Anywhere\My Tasks
- Save MyCSV.csv and MyDB.mdb under C:\.
- Launch Automation Anywhere and from Task List select T16.atmn and click on RUN button to run the task.
|When you run this task, it will extract the required data (unstructured) from the web page into CSV file.||
|Wow! This program is fantastic. I was given the task to figure out how to get a list of over 1000 contacts off of a website and into Excel. I was trying to write some kind of macro for days through Excel's VB extension and was making no progress. So I went online and found Automation Anywhere, it took me only minutes to write a macro to copy the addresses. I owe Tethys Solutions hours of my life that I was prepared to spend copying and pasting. Thank you so much Tethys"|
|- Ben Kinney, Monterey media |
|Read Customer Testimonies >>|